Founded in 2004, the ENC represents the European Council of Regulatory Bodies and Competent Authorities for the Nursing profession.
The main objective of ENC is to protect European citizens by ensuring excellence in:
- Skills and practice of medical care
- Professional standards
- Education and training continue
- Codes of conduct
The ENC seeks to obtain public protection and patient safety by:
- Defender of patient safety within the European Institutions
- Promoting excellence in the profession of nurse and public protection, both at national and European level
- Information source for nurses, policy makers, consumers, educators and researchers
- A network of international organizations for academia and policy makers
- A point of reference for any interested party looking for trust in the regulation of the profession of nurse in Europe
Fields of ENC expertise and activity:
- Developing policies at European level, with a focus on patient safety and protection within and beyond the internal market (supporting actions and political positions)
- Active participation and positioning in relation to European legislation in the field (EC directives and regulations)
- Data collection and dissemination of registration issues, the right to practice, codes of conduct at European level (setting up the European database of regulatory organizations for the medical assistant profession)
- Support the practice of self-regulation of the profession in European countries where this area needs development (transfer of good regulatory practices)
- Promote lifelong education and training of nurses in line with the European Lifelong Learning policies.
The ENC’s objectives are supported by the following activities:
- Establishing synergies and mutual benefit relationships between members
- Building relationships with the European Union’s administrative and political bodies as well as national and international organizations in the social and health sector
- Communication of information, proposals, results of studies, research, etc. Conferences, seminars and periodic meetings on ENC objectives
- Creating newspapers or magazines to communicate scientific information to members Participate in or create other entities essential to achieving the objectives of the ENC.